Once again, I have the TV dilemma of which show to watch live, and which to attempt to watch on Tivo. I know there are bigger problems in this world, but in my world this is a big deal.
I have “Dancing with the Stars” set to record on season pass because that is one of my favorite shows. However, “The Voice” has Tony Lucca this season and now I have to watch that, too!
Tony Lucca was on the “Mickey Mouse Club” (MMC) when I was a teen and I had a major crush on him. I met him when some of the MMC crew toured. And I’ve followed his music career online the past few years, hoping he’d get the recognition he deserves. Once I found out he was going to be on “The Voice,” there was no question that I’d have to watch.
In the early 1990s, Tony starred alongside Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Britney Spears, Ryan Gosling, former girlfriend Keri Russell, and of course, “The Voice’s” Christina Aguilera. The talent on MMC was amazing and I’ve been following the careers of the alumni ever since. Some have made it big (some I just mentioned), but others are still struggling to get that big break. Tony finally has his chance, so I’m behind him all the way.
So my to-do list for this evening:
- Watch Tony Lucca on “The Voice”
- Vote for Tony Lucca on “The Voice”
- Catch up (fast forward through) with “Dancing with the Stars” (Jack Wagner is off, so only a few left I really care about)
- Oh, get my son to sleep. He’s still up. OK, get kid to sleep, then go back to step 1.
Don’t forget to vote for Tony! http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/vote/
Update: Just realized “How I Met Your Mother” (“HIMYM”) was a new episode tonight!
6. Stop blogging.
7. Watch “HIMYM”
8. Write more tomorrow about how snotty Christina Aguilera was to Tony Lucca on “The Voice.”